In this video men's style, grooming, fitness and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of http://www.iamalpham.com
, talks about how to make new friends. Finding new friends is not as easy as it sounds, but if you know the process and steps that will increase the chance of you running into your new best friend, you are one step closer to finding that new friend.
Friendship is not about whom you've know the longest; it's about who came and never left your side. Aaron Marino of alpha m. has been doing a lot of soul searching lately and he's been considering who he calls 'friends'. These people aren't acquaintances but 'true friends' that you can probably count on one hand.
Alpha talks about 'friends by proxy'. He also discusses what happens when you graduate from high school. At this point there's a fork in the road: people stay and people leave. The dilemma during this change is not having friends. How do you make new friends? It's not easy but it's possible by being willing to be uncomfortable and putting yourself out there. Set yourself for success.
Friend Finding Tips
1. Spend time around people - if you isolate yourself, you can't make new friends. Be social like going to a sporting event, visiting a coffee shop, go to a bar.
2. Join a club, group, or organization - you'll meet like-minded people
3. Volunteer - do something good for the community while building a bond and camaraderie with those around you
4. Start conversations - talk to everybody! Sometimes the conversations will stick, thus a friendship is started.
5. Small talk - Small Talk Skills
6. Reintroduce yourself at the end of a conversation - get that name to stick!
7. Accept every invitation
8. Ask other people to do things - push yourself outside of your comfort zone and ask others to do things like lunch, coffee, drink, see a concert
9. Keep your friend - be a good friend by listening, being loyal, being trustworthy, being reliable, being yourself